Re: [WarOf1812] Digest Number 1400

  • john harris
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      > Message: 5
      > Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 09:40:07 -0400
      > From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>
      > Subject: Re: July 1
      >
      > Happy Dominion Day!!
      >
      > "The Maple Leaf
      > our emblem dear
      > the Maple Leaf forever.
      > God save our Queen
      > and heaven bless
      > the Maple Leaf forever!"
      >
      > Craig
      I agree Craig!!! How many people know the lyrics to what , in my humble
      opinion, should be our national anthem.And it is and always will be DOMINION
      DAY !!! For our American friends, 135 years ago, on July 1st, 1867, the
      DOMINION of CANADA was formed. The name was changed several years ago to
      Canada Day. I guess some people can't seperate a country from a grocery
      chain ! ;^) Hope everyone who was flying various national flags during the
      world cup, has changed them to the Red Maple Leaf ! ( I would still prefer
      the old red ensign but thats a different day!) Regards John
      Scottish by birth, CANADIAN by CHOICE!!
      Let the Firework's ( in the air) Begin!!