Europe-bound

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 1, 2002
      1812ers:
      I shall be spending most of the next couple of weeks in the Czech
      Republic - in Prague, then just one hour's drive from Slavkov
      (Austerlitz) at a small Moravian village. I shall be visiting the site
      and will remember the tens of thousands of men who fought and died
      there. The memorial on the site is stunning, and contains the remains
      of almost 40,000 soldiers.
      The battlefield has not change much since 1805, and from the crucial
      Prace Hill one can see it all.
      We have fun in this hobby, but I am always touched deeply by the events
      that gave us the raw material with which we work.
      Thanks to all for keeping the flame alive, and see you at Fort George.
      Ray Hobbs
      41st regt. of Foot