Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Stateside Events

  • CB ROTC
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 30, 2002
      i just wanted to throw my two cents in...
      The US federal government does not ypically consider any muzzle loader
      (blackpowder) to be a "firearm" (same applies to most cartridge weapons made
      before 1898). That being said, never trust the feds at their word, get it
      in writing and please note some states have different laws that apply within
      their boundries.
      ex: michigan considers muzzleloading and precussion pistols as being
      firearms and they have to be registered... you might want to look at various
      state and city laws as well just to be on the safe side.
      ex:2 its really hard to own a full auto machine gun in michigan (though
      legal by federal standards (under certain stipulations) but it is much
      easier to own a Full auto in Ohio.
      ex:3 In ohio inserting any magazine that holds more than 30 rounds
      automaticly changes the status of the weapon to a unregistered and illegal
      "machinegun" (this law is largely ignored). Doing the same in michigan is
      perfectly legal....

      CB