REV Umbrella Organizations

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26 6:11 PM
      From: "druzhba57" <druzhba57@...>

      I was thinking about joining the BAR- what are the bad points
      about them? Are umbrella orgs. verboden in War of 1812 reenactment?

      Stig

      1812 seems to be a group of units that do not want
      to organise. It has been tried three time and failed.

      In Rev

      British Brigade www.BritishBrigade.org
      Brigade of the American Revolution www.brigade.org
      Continental Line www.continentalline.org
      Northwest Territory Alliance www.nwta.com/main.html

      the umbrella groups rule. If you want to go to an event you
      'MUST' be a member. A highland group was asked to leave
      a rev event as they did not belong to one of the above.
      So like them or not they are a necessity if you want to play
      in Rev.

      The British Brigade www.BritishBrigade.org is strictly that
      Royal troops.

      The Continental Line www.continentalline.org are the American forces.

      The Brigade of the American Revolution www.brigade.org
      and The Northwest Territory Alliance www.nwta.com/main.html
      are both Royal and American forces.

      The NWTA is in Chicago area.

      The British Brigade, the Bridade of the American Revolution and
      Continental Line are in the eastern seaboard area.

      I just returned from a rev event at Crown Point and all were checked
      to what Rev umbrella they were members of. The event was open to
      BB, CL and BAR members only.