Mackinac and Michigan Territory

  • Antoine Landrieaux
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 26, 2002
      Lloyd, List, et al,

      I spoke with Chuck Kibby, yesterday, and it seems we are going to have are
      realy "bang up" event at Mackinac this summer.

      Friday night promises to be a good starter with a "ship to shore" gun
      battle, and the "burn and scuttle" of our mock schooner.

      Any Tars and Marines that want to get involved, should contact me off the
      list. As well, we would like to see some artillery to fill out our shore
      battery. They should be on the ground on Friday, to go through a reheasal.

      The "Combined Operations" of North West Company Militia, Native Allies, and
      10th Royal Vets welcome any British or Canadian units to join us in the
      assault on the town, on Saturday morning. Greg and his boys never put up
      much of a fight. We plan to use a secret weapon this year. Leave a barrel
      of shrub in front of the town hall, and the Michigan Provincials will all be
      drunk when we come ashore.

      Chuck has also promised me that I do not have to walk up the front path to
      the Fort for Saturday's evening battle on the island. It's a long climb up
      that stone wall, for some of us. There are supposed to be supply wagons for
      us to "ride up in style!"

      If you have never been to Mackinac, then you have missed a key battle in the
      fight for British North America. Contact law@... or
      agower@... to register.

      The dates are 2-3-4 August, 2002.

      YH&OSvt.