Re: cartridges

  • alaidh
    Message 1 of 7 , Jun 24, 2002
      --- In WarOf1812@y..., "ebclemson" <ebclemson@w...> wrote:

      > Fitz, Yes the ram rods worked well. They were a Little thick for the old Japan Charllevilles, but we had the channel widened. They were really not too long, just a tad. Thanks!

      Very cool - glad I could help.

      It has been a touchy job, but I've got the Pedersoli brought up to Type
      2 standard, excepts for the stamping on the lock plate - right now it
      is blank, but I've found a company in Massachusetts that will make
      custom steel stamps. I'm going to need the eagle and the US and dates
      in sarif lettering to do the job right. If i can swing the custom
      stamps to do my musket, I would be happy to lend them to you so that
      your people can use them too - why waste the resource on only one
      musket?

      If any of your people want to upgrade from a Type 1 to a Type 2, I can
      put together the instructions for you on the round pan and the reshaped
      spur on the hammer. I'm seriously considering putting together some
      "conversion kits" that would contain the right ramrod, the re-shaped
      pan and hammer, the lock plate with the proper markings for a
      Springfield musket, the barrel band spring for the lower barrel band, a
      tapped lower barrel band so that the spring locks in, the proper sling
      swivels and screws, a replacement bayonet lug, and an illustrated
      instruction sheet that shows where everything goes and how to reshape
      the comb on the buttstock to the right angle. Unfortunately, I can only
      do this for the Pedersoli Charleville, since that is the only one that
      I have to work with that has a spare parts supply available. The upside
      is, of course, that Pedersoli makes the best Charleville around - I've
      seen the Navy Arms Charleville and theier so-called springfields, and
      they are simply not worth the money being charged, imho.

      Let me know if such kits would be useful to you and your people.