Upper Canada Trade Faire

  • jbwhittaker
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2002
      We spent a great day at the Upper Canada Trade Faire this past
      Saturday. It was nice to spend the day with friends and family
      especially since I missed Longwoods due to strep throat. Many thanks
      to the Widow Wentworth and the Upper Canada Historical Association
      for putting it together. Thank you Peter for taking charge of our rag
      tag collection of muskets and rifles and putting together a fine
      display for the visitors. The brass cannon and Mike and Two Bears
      with the swivel gun added a nice bit of smoke and thunder. Thanks
      again Barb, and I hope to see many of you at Mallorytown in a few
      weeks.
      Best regards.
      J.Bruce Whittaker
      Norfolk Militia Rifle Coy.
    • jaktar2003
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 12, 2004
        Greetings List

        The 5th Anniversary of the Upper Canada Trade Faire -
        Pioneer Days & Military Muster, featuring The Raid at Mill Creek,
        shall be held on the 7th, 8th & 9th of May, 2004 at Brentwood Farm,
        584 Maple Road, Odessa, ON.

        Friday May 7 – 10 am to 3 pm – Seniors Day
        Saturday May 8 – 10 am to 5pm
        Sunday May 9 – 10am to 3 pm

        The Upper Canada Trade Faire - Pioneer Days and Military
        Muster is a timeline event focusing on life in Upper Canada from the
        1750's to the 1860's. It is a combination of a Re-enactors Market
        with a Military Muster. It gives reenactors a chance to shake down
        their equipment before the season begins, buy needed items, sell or
        trade those no longer used.

        The Raid at Mill Creek is a fictitious event. Settlers have
        gathered at Mill Creek (Odessa before 1858) to fulfill their annual
        Civic Obligation to Muster for the defence of the Province. A group
        of rebellious and dissatisfied citizens have planned to take
        advantage of the gathering to gain control of the area.

        We supply firewood, straw, water, portable toilets, period
        and modern camping areas and a shuttle service during those times
        open to the public. Sutlers without tentage can rent a booth in the
        Grove. A 15' x 20' white tarp is required for the roof.

        A $10.00 fee in the King's coin will be charged for each
        campsite and Grove booth to help defer the cost of the event.

        Thursday - Early camp setup
        Friday - Seniors Day with demonstrations
        - Condensed version of the Raid at Mill Creek.
        Saturday - Skirmish with rebels, raid of the camp, taking
        prisoners
        - Blanket Draw and Round Robin Trading
        - Pot Luck Supper and Period Music
        Sunday - Church Service
        - Rescue of prisoners and dispatching of justice

        Come and join the fun.

        For more information: www.tradefaire.ca

        fair winds
        John Dixon - Jaktar