Re: [WarOf1812] FW: a very bad virus

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 27, 2001
      Larry,
      I spoke to Paul Schulz about this. (He's more computer-literate than
      me,...but then who isn't)? He advised me to not delete this file. It
      seems that he rec'd the warning "...a month ago..." and had an even more
      knowledgeable friend research the file. This friend told him that
      everyone has this file, ...it's not a virus. It's part of the management
      of Windows. Paul was advises to not do anything about it. He didn't.
      Obviously more than 14 days have passed and Paul reports that nothing
      untoward has happened. I don't know what deleting this file will do to
      ones computer. I also don't know what not deleting it will ultimately
      do. I choose to follow Paul's lead and not delete it.
      I might add that I did receive a similar warning about this same
      'virus' from an acquaintance in Maine a few days ago.
      Hope this adds some clarity rather than more confusion. I'd like to
      hear more about this if anything new develops. Please forward any new
      info to me off-group as I have recently left it. Thanks.
      Lee Caripidis.

      Message 2 of 2 , May 6, 2002