Re: [WarOf1812] Military Songs of the Early 18th and 19th Centuries

  • Michael Gjerde
    Message 1 of 4 , May 1, 2002
      Dear Sir,

      What would the price be in US dollars? Can you accept a check in this funny currency?

      Sounds interesting and I hope we can work something out between allies.

      Michael Gjerde
      93rd Sutherland Highlanders

      >>> carstedf@... 04/29/02 04:10PM >>>
      Simpson's Folly (of which I am a member) is please to announce the
      release of their latest CD entitled "Redcoats and Bluejackets" a
      collection of 22 military songs of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
      The song list includes:

      Over the Hills and Far Away
      The Girl I Left Behind Me
      One and All
      Boney was a Warrior
      The Awkward Recruit
      The Roast Beef of Old England
      The British Grenadiers
      Ein Schifflein sah ich fahren
      Come All You Bold Canadians
      The Arethusa
      Ratcliffe Highway
      Heart of Oak
      Sodger Laddie/Swallowtail Jig
      Jamie Foyers
      Bold Nelson's Praise
      Why Soldiers, Why?
      Here's to the Maiden
      The Chesapeake and the Shannon
      Garryowen
      The Rolling Sailor
      The Sodger's Return
      Spanish Ladies

      The booklet that accompanies the CD contains extensive historical
      notes and quotes related to the songs. The CD can be purchased for
      $20 plus $3 shipping/handling from

      Simpson's Folly
      132 Brelade Street
      Winnipeg, Manitoba