French Canadian Songs

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 29, 2002
      Hi everyone,

      I have a friend who would like to find French Canadian songs, [words &
      music] for the period 1785 to 1805. He is a musician who is portraying
      Pierre Cruzat, a member of the Lewis & Clark Expedition who played the
      fiddle and was from Montreal and a boatman before enlisting. Even a CD
      of period songs would be helpful. Thanks in advance!! :-)

      Regards,

      Bob Dorian
      Independence, MIssouri USA
    • mike dollinger
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002

        Message 3 of 6 , Apr 30, 2002
          Thanks Mike, and to Frederick for your help!

          Bob
        • Angela Gottfred
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2002
            You'll find links to a number of French Canadian songs on the Northwest
            Journal links page, under the Music heading. Go to
            www.northwestjournal.ca/links.html

            Your humble & obedient servant,
            Angela Gottfred
          • Angela Gottfred
            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2002
              You'll find links to a number of French Canadian songs on the Northwest
              Journal links page, under the Music heading. Go to
              www.northwestjournal.ca/links.html. Also, check out the chapter on
              Voyageur Songs in Grace Lee Nute's classic book, _The Voyageur_. Most
              songs have words in English & French, as well as the music.

              Message 6 of 6 , May 9, 2002
                Hi Angela,

                Thanks for the great help.

                Regards,