Military Songs of the Early 18th and 19th Centuries

  • pzgrenregt110
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 29, 2002
      Simpson's Folly (of which I am a member) is please to announce the
      release of their latest CD entitled "Redcoats and Bluejackets" a
      collection of 22 military songs of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
      The song list includes:

      Over the Hills and Far Away
      The Girl I Left Behind Me
      One and All
      Boney was a Warrior
      The Awkward Recruit
      The Roast Beef of Old England
      The British Grenadiers
      Ein Schifflein sah ich fahren
      Come All You Bold Canadians
      The Arethusa
      Ratcliffe Highway
      Heart of Oak
      Sodger Laddie/Swallowtail Jig
      Jamie Foyers
      Bold Nelson's Praise
      Why Soldiers, Why?
      Here's to the Maiden
      The Chesapeake and the Shannon
      Garryowen
      The Rolling Sailor
      The Sodger's Return
      Spanish Ladies

      The booklet that accompanies the CD contains extensive historical
      notes and quotes related to the songs. The CD can be purchased for
      $20 plus $3 shipping/handling from

      Simpson's Folly
      132 Brelade Street
      Winnipeg, Manitoba
      Canada R2C 0H5

      Yours, aye

      Frederick Carsted
      De Meuron's Swiss Regiment
    • John-Paul Johnson
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 29, 2002
        Fantastic! I was JUST thinking about this the other day. I remember
        you mentioning the idea at Fort George last summer. I'll bash off my
        order to you as soon as I can.

        J-P Johnson
        Bulger's Company
        Royal NFLD Reg't

        pzgrenregt110 wrote:

        > Simpson's Folly (of which I am a member) is please to announce the
        > release of their latest CD entitled "Redcoats and Bluejackets" a
        > collection of 22 military songs of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
        > The song list includes:
        >
        > Over the Hills and Far Away
        > The Girl I Left Behind Me
        > One and All
        > Boney was a Warrior
        > The Awkward Recruit
        > The Roast Beef of Old England
        > The British Grenadiers
        > Ein Schifflein sah ich fahren
        > Come All You Bold Canadians
        > The Arethusa
        > Ratcliffe Highway
        > Heart of Oak
        > Sodger Laddie/Swallowtail Jig
        > Jamie Foyers
        > Bold Nelson's Praise
        > Why Soldiers, Why?
        > Here's to the Maiden
        > The Chesapeake and the Shannon
        > Garryowen
        > The Rolling Sailor
        > The Sodger's Return
        > Spanish Ladies
        >
        > The booklet that accompanies the CD contains extensive historical
        > notes and quotes related to the songs. The CD can be purchased for
        > $20 plus $3 shipping/handling from
        >
        > Simpson's Folly
        > 132 Brelade Street
        > Winnipeg, Manitoba
        > Canada R2C 0H5
        >
        > Yours, aye
        >
        > Frederick Carsted
        > De Meuron's Swiss Regiment
      • tom ross
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2002
          How may I order your CD?

          > Simpson's Folly (of which I am a member) is please to announce the
          > release of their latest CD entitled "Redcoats and Bluejackets" a
          > collection of 22 military songs of the 18th and early 19th centuries.
          > The song list includes:
          >
          > Over the Hills and Far Away
          > The Girl I Left Behind Me
          > One and All
          > Boney was a Warrior
          > The Awkward Recruit
          > The Roast Beef of Old England
          > The British Grenadiers
          > Ein Schifflein sah ich fahren
          > Come All You Bold Canadians
          > The Arethusa
          > Ratcliffe Highway
          > Heart of Oak
          > Sodger Laddie/Swallowtail Jig
          > Jamie Foyers
          > Bold Nelson's Praise
          > Why Soldiers, Why?
          > Here's to the Maiden
          > The Chesapeake and the Shannon
          > Garryowen
          > The Rolling Sailor
          > The Sodger's Return
          > Spanish Ladies
          >

          > The booklet that accompanies the CD contains extensive historical
          > notes and quotes related to the songs. The CD can be purchased for
          > $20 plus $3 shipping/handling from
          >
          > Simpson's Folly
          > 132 Brelade Street
          > Winnipeg, Manitoba
          > Canada R2C 0H5
          >

          > Yours, aye
          >
          > Frederick Carsted
          > De Meuron's Swiss Regiment

          square miles...

        • Michael Gjerde
          Message 4 of 4 , May 1, 2002
            Dear Sir,

            What would the price be in US dollars? Can you accept a check in this funny currency?

            Sounds interesting and I hope we can work something out between allies.

            Michael Gjerde
            93rd Sutherland Highlanders

            >>> carstedf@... 04/29/02 04:10PM >>>