piping on other uniforms in Brit. Army?

  • Roger Fuller
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 1, 1999
      What other units of the British Army used ping on their uniforms in the
      Napoleonic/War of 1812 era? Dragoon units, perhaps? I ask, as I'm trying to
      figure out sewing guides for piping, e.g., how to make the piping finish
      nicely into the sleeve ends of the shoulder straps. Also, would any units
      have sewn the shoulder straps into the seam between the sleeve and the
      shoulder? I should think they would not have, but instead have sewn them
      down to the shoulder surface right next to the sleeve seam. How about
      attaching the fringe which was often attached to the shoulder strap- how was
      that often done? (I'm looking at the Steppler articles at the moment, but
      haven't seen any indication on a how-to on this detail.)

      Roger Fuller