Rope Drum in GTA

  • lenthecooper
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 4, 2002
      Hello all,

      Ross, if I remember correctly from my visit to Military Antiques a
      few weeks back, this drum is probably correct for 1812 or earlier.
      New heads are needed of course. Military Antiques is on the east
      side of Yonge St a couple of km south of the Aurora/Stouffville Road.
      I was looking at WW2 stuff for 1 Can Para Bn and didn't think to
      mention the drum to anyone. Tony used to own the military antiques
      shop on O'Connor Ave in Toronto and moved north after some problems
      with the Metro Coppers.

      While I'm here talking about military antique shops and such, just a
      word of warning. I have seen a Universal Plate at Bert Bell Antiques
      on the Lakeshore in New Toronto. Bert claims that it is an original
      and it is worth $450 while I believe that it's a 1960s Parks Canada
      repop and worth perhaps $45.

      Bert and Tony (of Mil Antiques) are generally good guys but are
      mainly interested in 20th Century Military and have very little of
      anything else. Great junky, dusty, stores to wander around though.

      About the GTA comments, a good friend of mine once said that if you
      can get to anywhere to Toronto in an hour then you live in Toronto. I
      live just over an hour away and put that comment off to western
      Ontarian chauvanism. But thinking about it, I can get to places like
      Guelph in 40 minutes from the megacity so, that would mean that Larry
      has moved into 'the evil influence.' So Lar, you've been in the area
      for quite a while (2years?) have you started driving an SUV, while
      talking on a cel phone and drinking a Starbucks Late' yet? :^)

      Cheers All,

      Len