Re: [WarOf1812] Blockhouse Designs and specifications

  • R Feltoe
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Dave,
      There is a paper in the Parks Canada manuscripts series that is exclusively
      about blockhouses in Canada. I have this publication, but it is at my other
      archive (work). I will dig it out and provide you with the proper references
      ASAP
      Regards Richard Feltoe
    • JGIL1812@aol.com
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        In a message dated 4/1/02 12:37:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
        feltoe@... writes:

        << Dave,
        There is a paper in the Parks Canada manuscripts series that is exclusively
        about blockhouses in Canada. I have this publication, but it is at my other
        archive (work). I will dig it out and provide you with the proper references
        ASAP
        Regards Richard Feltoe >>

        Richard,

        Parks Canada released an excellent booklet on blockhouse's similar to the one
        on Martello Towers a few years ago. It was part of a series. I'll look for it
        and see if I can get Dave some more information to.

        JG/RE
      • JESSE PUDWELL
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
          Dave,

          Try contacting Rob or Betsy regarding the blockhouse blueprints used during
          the reconstruction of Fort Meigs in Ohio. The only other place I know of
          that has a blockhouse of the type I think you're thinking of (and has
          blueprints because I've seen them) is Fort Beausejour on the Nova Scotia and
          New Brunswick Border, but I don't have the contact's name for that site near
          by because I'm currently in Quebec. C,est la vie.

          Cheers and good luck,
          Jesse

          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
            From: "JESSE PUDWELL" <SGTPUDGLI@...>

            The only other place I know of that has a blockhouse of the type
            ........ is Fort Beausejour

            Mr. Bolla,

            You used to invite us to play in your blockhouse in Erie PA
            do you have any info on it?