Blockhouse Designs and specifications

  • David Brunelle
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
      Dear List,

      I am looking for some blockhouse specifictions for the construction of
      one. If you know of any sources or blueprints please let me know!!

      Thanks

      Dave Brunelle
    • R Feltoe
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
        Dave,
        There is a paper in the Parks Canada manuscripts series that is exclusively
        about blockhouses in Canada. I have this publication, but it is at my other
        archive (work). I will dig it out and provide you with the proper references
        ASAP
        Regards Richard Feltoe
      • JGIL1812@aol.com
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 1, 2002
          In a message dated 4/1/02 12:37:13 PM Pacific Standard Time,
          feltoe@... writes:

          << Dave,
          There is a paper in the Parks Canada manuscripts series that is exclusively
          about blockhouses in Canada. I have this publication, but it is at my other
          archive (work). I will dig it out and provide you with the proper references
          ASAP
          Regards Richard Feltoe >>

          Richard,

          Parks Canada released an excellent booklet on blockhouse's similar to the one
          on Martello Towers a few years ago. It was part of a series. I'll look for it
          and see if I can get Dave some more information to.

          JG/RE
        • JESSE PUDWELL
          Message 4 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
            Dave,

            Try contacting Rob or Betsy regarding the blockhouse blueprints used during
            the reconstruction of Fort Meigs in Ohio. The only other place I know of
            that has a blockhouse of the type I think you're thinking of (and has
            blueprints because I've seen them) is Fort Beausejour on the Nova Scotia and
            New Brunswick Border, but I don't have the contact's name for that site near
            by because I'm currently in Quebec. C,est la vie.

            Cheers and good luck,
            Jesse

            Message 5 of 5 , Apr 3, 2002
              From: "JESSE PUDWELL" <SGTPUDGLI@...>

              The only other place I know of that has a blockhouse of the type
              ........ is Fort Beausejour

              Mr. Bolla,

              You used to invite us to play in your blockhouse in Erie PA
              do you have any info on it?