Fw: Caldwell's Rangers

    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26 12:03 PM
      From: John MacLeod
      Sent: Tuesday, March 26, 2002 2:30 PM
      Subject: Caldwell's Rangers

      Greetings:

      Talking to Rene Chartrand. Other than what is quoted from the
      source quoted by Ray Hobbs of the 41st.

      There really is no sure information on what exactly Caldwell's
      was wearing. As the rosette was traditionally part of the Shako
      with hackle. It's my feeling that they probally didn't have a rosette at all.

      With no sure information. I went with a rosette on my personal bucket cap.

      Regards

      John MacLeod
      Interp Guide Supervisor
      Ft Malden National Historic Site of Canada

    • BritcomHMP@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26 9:01 PM
        In a message dated 3/26/2002 5:55:31 PM Central Standard Time,
        lalozon@... writes:

        > There really is no sure information on what exactly Caldwell's
        > was wearing. As the rosette was traditionally part of the Shako
        > with hackle. It's my feeling that they probally didn't have a rosette at
        > all.

        The thing on the shako is not a rosette but a cockade, and for British troops
        that would be universally black.