Re: 1812 Web Organization

  • BritcomHMP@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , May 30, 1999
      In a message dated 5/30/99 8:22:04 AM Central Daylight Time,
      yawors1@... writes:

      << I will take the silence that has greeted my recent "modest proposal" as
      a) interest in hearing more, or
      b) bafflement at what I was driveling on about.

      Either way, I will therefore shortly be posting a more detailed proposal for
      everyone's review (but the proposal itself will not, unfortunately, be
      "short"...;>) ).
      Other commitments make it unlikely that I will be able to get something out
      much before mid-week, but I've been giving this a lot of thought and I think
      I can promise a reasonably well-thought out, simple and workable system that
      will allow the building of an amazing institution that will serve our
      time-period very well. >>

      First a question Jim, some time ago I copied out the entire NA code of
      conduct and I was under the impression that you and Larry were in the process
      of Americanising (or should that be Canadianising?) it for submission to the
      1812 community. As the original code is already in use by the NABB and
      accepted by 1BNAR who are NA affiliates might this not be a place to start?
      In fact I was under the impression that this is where we were starting.
      I believe we must build a vehicle that is geared to this side of the Atlantic
      but do we really need to re-invent the wheel?