Re: The toothless 41st in North America

  • giiir
    Message 1 of 25 , Mar 3, 2002
      --- In WarOf1812@y..., HQ93rd@a... wrote:

      > In a message dated 3/2/02 4:55:56 AM, giiir@y... writes:
      >
      > <<
      > IT MAY HAVE BEEN IN THE 8TH MESS AND NOT THE 41ST, BUT IT WAS A
      > TOOTHLESS MEMBER OF THE 41ST; I WAS THERE TOO!
      > >>

      > 8th
      > ;-)

      > 93rd SHRoFLHU
      > THE Thin Red Line
      > www.93rdhighlanders.com

      My dear Benton:
      Evidently there was more than one occasion where someone(?)had the
      leek served to him pureed because of his alleged inability to swallow
      or chew it whole. Neither Tim nor you were present on the occasion I
      allude to, when Susan Ramsay of the Stoney Creek site and I as well
      as the Count of Waterloo were being inducted into the King's mess. I
      sat next to Sue and, being a gentleman, assisted her in polishing off
      the scotch chaser. I am glad that it wasn't a Welsh (WELCH) regiment,
      because Welches grape juice is something I cannot bring myself to
      swallow. Unfortunately, it wasn't a Scots Regiment either, so the
      whisky was not a single malt.
      Hoping this clears up any misunderstanding,
      I remain Yrs, etc.,
      Fred Fishell
    • HQ93rd@aol.com
      Message 2 of 25 , Mar 3, 2002
        In a message dated 3/3/02 8:47:53 AM, giiir@... writes:

        << Evidently there was more than one occasion where someone(?)had the
        leek served to him pureed because of his alleged inability to swallow
        or chew it whole. Neither Tim nor you were present on the occasion I
        allude to, >>

        Evidently!
        I would dare say the King of the North has used the leek puree gambit on more
        than one occasion to get a free meal!
        ;-)
        My witness of the incident was at Fort Erie some years ago.

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com