Sharpe

    Message 1 of 19 , Mar 1, 2002
      From: "Raymond Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

      > Interesting that the 24th (and indeed the 23rd - Royal Welch Fusliers)
      > were present at so many battles in the Peninsula - yet they are
      > completely ignored by Bernard Cornwell in his Sharpe books.

      We didn't have our eyes on you Sharpie!

      Cuz last night it was HORNBLOWER "The Duel"
      on the telly
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 19 , Mar 1, 2002
        Cornwall ignores almost all the Regiments in the Peninsula. He only really
        mentions the rifle regiments and the fictious "South Essex".

        The 1/23rd (Royal Welsh Fusiliers) and 2/24th (2nd Warwickshire) Regiments
        have a fine history in the Peninsula war. I don't know off hand where the
        1/24th served at this period.

        Peter Catley

        > Interesting that the 24th (and indeed the 23rd - Royal Welch Fusliers)
        > were present at so many battles in the Peninsula - yet they are
        > completely ignored by Bernard Cornwell in his Sharpe books.

        We didn't have our eyes on you Sharpie!

        Cuz last night it was HORNBLOWER "The Duel"
        on the telly

        square miles...