Re: [WarOf1812] To the Welshmen

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
      'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord
      and being faithful to the death - poor bugger!
      'Obbs
      No. 33
      41st Rgt.

      Larry Lozon wrote:

      > From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>
      >
      > > Y Milwr Bach
      > >
      > > 'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
      > > Yn dysgu trin y cledd
      > > I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
      > > Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.
      > >
      > > "Ydyw Cymru lan"

      > #33 what'd he say ????!?

      > THOUSANDS of square miles...

    • CRAIG WILLIAMS
      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
        Happy St. Tavy's da to all.

        Now, to sit down to a lovely meal of roast lamb with mintsauce , sauteed
        leeks and gooseberry pie for dessert!

        (eating them raw is a joke for officers mess when indoctrinating English or
        southern officers)

        Y Milwr Bach

        'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
        Yn dysgu trin y cledd
        I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
        Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.

        "Ydyw Cymru lan"

        Craig
      • badger222ca
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
          > Happy Saint David's Day!
          >
          > For all the Wesh (Welch)

          That's Cymru to you, bach.
          I don't know what Wesh are but Welch is a bloody Saxon insult.
          The deeply pious Welsh chapel folk pay their debts but strive to
          avoid the userer if at all possible, mun.

          T.Avery
          (Saxon on me Da's side but Cymric on the distaff)
        • CRAIG WILLIAMS
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
            It's OK if you don't understand Larry...it's just for us "Welchmen" not you
            sassinachs!
            > > Y Milwr Bach
            > >
            > > 'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
            > > Yn dysgu trin y cledd
            > > I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
            > > Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.
            > >
            > > "Ydyw Cymru lan"

            > #33 what'd he say ????!?

            square miles...

            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
              From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

              #33 what'd he say ????!?
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

                It's OK if you don't understand Larry...
                it's just for us "Welchmen" not you sassinachs!

                "Obbs where are you ????!?
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                  From: "Raymond Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

                  'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord

                  'Obbs don't be going too far away ......

                  as I don't know about Ocifer WILLIAMS
                  he being Welsh and not in a Welch Regiment ! :-)