Re: [WarOf1812] To the Welshmen

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
      'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord
      and being faithful to the death - poor bugger!
      'Obbs
      No. 33
      41st Rgt.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
        From: "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@...>

        LL: Leek Soup for Dinner!

        PC: The leeks ought to be eaten raw!

        We is in the Colonies n' change all traditions!

        Everything in the Americas and Canadas
        is .................... FAST-FOOD! :^)
      • CRAIG WILLIAMS
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
          Happy St. Tavy's da to all.

          Now, to sit down to a lovely meal of roast lamb with mintsauce , sauteed
          leeks and gooseberry pie for dessert!

          (eating them raw is a joke for officers mess when indoctrinating English or
          southern officers)

          Y Milwr Bach

          'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
          Yn dysgu trin y cledd
          I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
          Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.

          "Ydyw Cymru lan"

          Craig
        • Peter Catley
          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
            Peter Catley

            We is in the Colonies n' change all traditions!

            May be, but didn't a colonial once say "Never give a sucker an even break"?

            Everything in the Americas and Canadas
            is .................... FAST-FOOD! :^)
            Its FASTER raw than cooked QED :)
          • badger222ca
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
              > Happy Saint David's Day!
              >
              > For all the Wesh (Welch)

              That's Cymru to you, bach.
              I don't know what Wesh are but Welch is a bloody Saxon insult.
              The deeply pious Welsh chapel folk pay their debts but strive to
              avoid the userer if at all possible, mun.

              T.Avery
              (Saxon on me Da's side but Cymric on the distaff)
            • CRAIG WILLIAMS
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                It's OK if you don't understand Larry...it's just for us "Welchmen" not you
                sassinachs!
                > > Y Milwr Bach
                > >
                > > 'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
                > > Yn dysgu trin y cledd
                > > I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
                > > Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.
                > >
                > > "Ydyw Cymru lan"

                > #33 what'd he say ????!?

                square miles...

                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                  From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

                  #33 what'd he say ????!?
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                    From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

                    It's OK if you don't understand Larry...
                    it's just for us "Welchmen" not you sassinachs!

                    "Obbs where are you ????!?
                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                      From: "Raymond Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

                      'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord

                      'Obbs don't be going too far away ......

                      as I don't know about Ocifer WILLIAMS
                      he being Welsh and not in a Welch Regiment ! :-)