Re: [WarOf1812] To the Welshmen

  • Raymond Hobbs
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
      'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord
      and being faithful to the death - poor bugger!
      'Obbs
      No. 33
      41st Rgt.

      Message 2 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
        Happy Saint David's Day!

        For all the Wesh (Welch) our there!

        Leek Soup for Dinner!
      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
          The leeks ought to be eaten raw!

          Cheers

          P**
          Subject: [WarOf1812] To the Welshmen

          Message 4 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
            From: "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@...>

            LL: Leek Soup for Dinner!

            PC: The leeks ought to be eaten raw!

            We is in the Colonies n' change all traditions!

            Everything in the Americas and Canadas
            is .................... FAST-FOOD! :^)
          • CRAIG WILLIAMS
            Message 5 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
              Happy St. Tavy's da to all.

              Now, to sit down to a lovely meal of roast lamb with mintsauce , sauteed
              leeks and gooseberry pie for dessert!

              (eating them raw is a joke for officers mess when indoctrinating English or
              southern officers)

              Y Milwr Bach

              'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
              Yn dysgu trin y cledd
              I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
              Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.

              "Ydyw Cymru lan"

              Craig
            • Peter Catley
              Message 6 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                Peter Catley

                We is in the Colonies n' change all traditions!

                May be, but didn't a colonial once say "Never give a sucker an even break"?

                Everything in the Americas and Canadas
                is .................... FAST-FOOD! :^)
                Its FASTER raw than cooked QED :)
              • badger222ca
                Message 7 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                  > Happy Saint David's Day!
                  >
                  > For all the Wesh (Welch)

                  That's Cymru to you, bach.
                  I don't know what Wesh are but Welch is a bloody Saxon insult.
                  The deeply pious Welsh chapel folk pay their debts but strive to
                  avoid the userer if at all possible, mun.

                  T.Avery
                  (Saxon on me Da's side but Cymric on the distaff)
                • CRAIG WILLIAMS
                  Message 8 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                    It's OK if you don't understand Larry...it's just for us "Welchmen" not you
                    sassinachs!
                    > > Y Milwr Bach
                    > >
                    > > 'R wyf innau'n filwr bychan,
                    > > Yn dysgu trin y cledd
                    > > I ymladd dros fy Arglwydd
                    > > Yn ffyddlon hyd fy medd.
                    > >
                    > > "Ydyw Cymru lan"

                    > #33 what'd he say ????!?

                    square miles...

                    Message 9 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                      From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

                      #33 what'd he say ????!?
                      Message 10 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                        From: "CRAIG WILLIAMS" <sgtwarner@...>

                        It's OK if you don't understand Larry...
                        it's just for us "Welchmen" not you sassinachs!

                        "Obbs where are you ????!?
                        Message 11 of 11 , Mar 1, 2002
                          From: "Raymond Hobbs" <ray.hobbs@...>

                          'Tis a ditty about a little soldier boy going off to fight for his lord

                          'Obbs don't be going too far away ......

                          as I don't know about Ocifer WILLIAMS
                          he being Welsh and not in a Welch Regiment ! :-)