Pierre Berton books

  • johnwhiteshirt
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
      My wife found some of Pierre Berton's young peoples books at a
      Chapters in the 'cheapie bin'. At that time someone at Chapters told
      her they were out of print. I would still like to know why Pierre
      Berton's history books are not liked by many members of the
      reenactment community. Any opinions will be appreciated. 'The Bully
      Boys' has created some interest in the War of 1812 at the school I
      work at and my sons school. Mostly from my son or myself telling
      people the events in the book have been the object of 'literary
      license'. Another chance to put on my uniform and speak to school
      kids.
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 1, 2002
        From: "tracyforsyth2001" <tracyforsyth@...>

        The Pierre Berton books seem to be harder and harder to
        find are they still in print?

        Tracy, CHAPTERS (Canadian Barnes & Nobles) has a
        wack of them in Waterloo, Ontario Canada. They have
        added hard covers, new images and selling for $ 6.99 Canadian
        ..........that's FREE for Americans :-)

        I believe the reason why Pierre Berton's history books are not liked
        is because he is way too British in his writing, everything is from
        the British point of view and he will leave info out if it is not from
        a Brit prospective .........imho