Bully Boys- fiction

  • tracyforsyth2001
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28, 2002
      This book is fiction loosely based on the War of 1812.It is not
      historically correct. However in our school library a K-6 school it
      has sparked interest in The War of 1812 in the few kids who have read
      the book. Before reading this story they had never heard of this War.
      I have read this book and found it far fetched but I support any
      means to educate the kids that this war was fought.

      When the kids return the book I discuss the story with them and the
      kids realize it is fiction and would like to be Tommy.It is great
      seeing kids excited about something that is related to Canadian
      History.Kids are not stupid and know when they are reading fiction
      and non fiction.It sparks an interest in some kids to explore the non
      fiction books and find out more about the war of 1812.

      The Pierre Berton books seem to be harder and harder to find are they
      still in print?

      Tracy Forsyth
      Spectator