kid's books

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 28 7:26 AM
      From: "davebevca" <dave.bev@...>

      ... Most of these books place a youthful
      > (fictional) protagonist in an historical setting.

      > My problem with any of the recently published books of the variety,
      > that I have seen, is that they are written down to the reader. Kids
      > are a lot smarter than these authors seem to realize.

      Dave et al, we have a Kid's author on our yahoogroup.

      She is Maxine Trottier, teacher, author, sailor,
      re-enactor and Kool Chick!

      Visit:

      http://www.execulink.com/~maxitrot/who.htm

      and read: "Under a Shooting Star"
      ISBN 0-7737-6228-0

      A good read for kids and it has a historical setting
      that she has researched so her characters aren't
      Klingons in 1812!

      Imho