Re: Curator for Lundy's Lane Museum

  • elricko2000
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 26, 2002
      Fellow OneListers:
      I apologise for not giving enough details about the Lundy's Lane site.
      Lundy's Lane is located within the vicinity of Niagara Falls Ontario,
      and was the site of the bloodiest and possibly hardest fought battle
      of the War of 1812, in July 1814. The battle has been likened to two
      prize fighters fighting each other to a standstill! The battle had
      all the drama and resilience of an epic hollywood film.
      The museum is a mere block from the center of the battlefield, and
      contains a large amount of interesting original artifacts (including
      a swath of British tunic). It is also one of the oldest museums in
      Canada I believe. It was always a great little museum, and now we
      have even more reason to drop in and visit (admission pending....).
      For those of us who took part in the very first reenactment there, we
      now have an opportunity to possibly redo it again a second time,
      without the crippling heat!
      Hope this answers any quick questions. There are tons of material on
      this battle if anyone has any more questions.

      YH&OSvt
      Rick Peterson
      RNR/89th Grenadiers