Re: [WarOf1812] Artillery re-enactors.

  • PEGGY MATHEWS
    Message 1 of 7 , Feb 6, 2002
      Do we know which troop? I mean, with such cinema classics as "The Buccaneer" we know they were there. <VBG> But if my sources are right, there were two troops under Elliot and Whinyates respectively in 1814, and neither lists North America on their service record. 1st Troop doesn't show any active service (is that possible?) and 2nd shows Leipzig and Waterloo. My source is "The British Military: It's System and Organization 1803-15" by Park and Nafziger. Perhaps this is not complete and needs updating, though it appears pretty detailed.

      Thanks,
      Michael

      Message 2 of 7 , Feb 7, 2002
        In a message dated 2/6/02 7:22:01 PM, ciefranche21e@... writes:

        << My source is "The British Military: It's System and Organization 1803-15"
        by Park and Nafziger. Perhaps this is not complete and needs updating,
        though it appears pretty detailed. >>

        Oooo...there's a sore spot ..look at Nazfiger's bit on the 93rd --- WRONG!!!
        With a capital W.
        So we should all trust this work on all accounts --- why?

        93rd SHRoFLHU
        THE Thin Red Line
        www.93rdhighlanders.com
      • PEGGY MATHEWS
        Message 3 of 7 , Feb 8, 2002
          Fair enough. I'm not above penciling in corrections on the margins, how should the service record read? (I assume that's the problem area.)

          Curious Michael

        • BritcomHMP@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , Feb 8, 2002
            In a message dated 2/8/2002 12:40:48 AM Central Standard Time, HQ93rd@...
            writes:

            > << My source is "The British Military: It's System and Organization
            > 1803-15"
            > by Park and Nafziger. Perhaps this is not complete and needs updating,
            > though it appears pretty detailed. >>
            >
            > Oooo...there's a sore spot ..look at Nazfiger's bit on the 93rd ---
            > WRONG!!!
            > With a capital W.
            > So we should all trust this work on all accounts --- why?

            Actually quite a bit of this work is wrong. It is a great concept, to get all
            the information together in one place, but the authors either made great
            assumptions on a quick reading of their source material or just did not
            understand what they were reading. Treat it with GREAT caution.