Berlin

    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
      From: "Scott Jeznach" <scottj@...>

      I happen to know one of the City Officials
      for the town of " Berlin", MD.

      On June 9, 1912, " Berlin " officially became a City
      and was considered to be Canada's German
      Capital. However, with the outbreak of the First
      World War in 1914 came anti-German sentiment
      and an internal conflict ensued as the City was
      forced to confront its cultural distinctiveness.
      There was pressure for the City to change its
      name from Berlin, and in 1916 following much
      debate and controversy, the name of the City
      was changed to Kitchener, after the British
      General Horatio Herbert Kitchener who won
      fame during the Boar War.

      Kitchener Ontario is twinned with the city of
      Waterloo and is situated approximately an
      hour west of Toronto

      Where is Berlin, MD. ?
    • Scott Jeznach
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
        > From: "Scott Jeznach" <scottj@...>
        >
        > I happen to know one of the City Officials
        > for the town of " Berlin", MD.
        >> Where is Berlin, MD. ?

        On the Eastern Shore of the Chesapeake Bay in Maryland. As a trivial point,
        the Eastern Shore is always notated with the capital "E" and "S." However,
        the western shore is not.

        Scott J.
        Royal Marines
      • giiir
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 5, 2002
          who won
          > fame during the Boar War.

          My dear Count of Waterloo, Ontario.....IN YOUR CASE IT SURELY IS THE
          BORE WAR!

          Fred Fishell