This Day in History, Zulus, etc etc

  • Adam Lynde
    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 31, 2002
      Sorry if this is off topic, but the turn of some of the recent discussion
      encouraged me to send along these two links:

      1st: This Day in Military History --- produced by some historians for the
      US Army, so its a bit biased toward American military history (I had to
      remind them last year about a little Anglo-Frog tussel that occured on 18
      June 1815) but still makes interesting reading on a day to day basis.

      www.cascom.army.mil/history/index.cfm

      2nd: Web Sources for Military History. Simply an excellent site covering
      topics from the 16th century to the current war against terrorism. Great
      maps from Fred the Great's campaigns during the Seven Years' War, stuff on
      the Canucks in WWI, etc etc.

      http://tigger.uic.edu/~rjensen/military.html

      3rd: One of the coolest Victorian/ Zulu War sites I have stumbled
      across --- you can read the various accounts written by "Hookie," among
      others, and there are great links to various re-enactment units.

      http://www.btinernet.com/%7EAlbiecat/