Brigade of the American Revolution

  • colsjtjones2000
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
      I have just been reviewing the sites I have listed in my Favourites,
      but which I haven't visited recently. The BAR at
      http://www.brigade.org says to me - You are not authorized to view
      this page.

      Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this War of
      1812 site?

      Doug
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
        From: "colsjtjones2000" <colsjtjones2000@...>

        The BAR at http://www.brigade.org says to me
        You are not authorized to view this page.
        _______________________

        Doug

        The

        Brigade of the American Revolution www.brigade.org
        British Brigade www.BritishBrigade.org
        Continental Line www.continentalline.org
        Northwest Territory Alliance www.nwta.com/main.html

        web sites are for the use of their membership, so some areas
        of the web sites are not accessible unless you are a member
        of the organisation.

        Remember when we talked about Umbrella Groups? These
        are the American Revolutionary War time period's ones.
      • colsjtjones2000
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
          > From: "colsjtjones2000" <colsjtjones2000@y...>
          >
          > The BAR at http://www.brigade.org says to me
          > You are not authorized to view this page.
          > _______________________
          >
          > Doug
          >
          > The
          >
          > Brigade of the American Revolution www.brigade.org
          > British Brigade www.BritishBrigade.org
          > Continental Line www.continentalline.org
          > Northwest Territory Alliance www.nwta.com/main.html
          >
          > web sites are for the use of their membership, so some areas
          > of the web sites are not accessible unless you are a member
          > of the organisation.
          >
          > Remember when we talked about Umbrella Groups? These
          > are the American Revolutionary War time period's ones.

          Larry - I understand and appreciate closed sites - but a year or
          so ago I had access to that one - and by its continental nature it
          should be a very open one.

          But perhaps the BAR has another informational site available to the
          general public? Doug
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
            From: "colsjtjones2000" <colsjtjones2000@...>

            > I understand and appreciate closed sites - but a year or
            > so ago I had access to that one - and by its continental nature it
            > should be a very open one.
            > But perhaps the BAR has another informational site available to the
            > general public?

            Doug, it would be open to you if you pay your 2002 BAR Dues.
            They are not an educational association, they are an American
            Revolutionary War Re-enactor Umbrella Group. Their members
            come first, but only after they pay their dues.
          • John-Paul Johnson
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
              The error that netscape returns from brigade.org is: Directory Listing
              Denied. This Virtual Directory does not allow contents to be listed.

              This suggests to me one of two things: 1) The site is down, 2) the site
              does not use an index.html page so simply typing www.brigade.org won't
              automatically display a page. Webspace with an index page normally
              listed the directory contents (similar to viewing the contents of your
              hard drive) unless the server is set up to prevent this to help keep
              your site from being hacked.

              Either way, a closed site would have posted a password entry page or
              some other portal rather than an error message. Otherwise, how would
              paid up members view the site?

              J-P Johnson
              RNR

              Larry Lozon wrote:

              > From: "colsjtjones2000" <colsjtjones2000@...>
              >
              > > I understand and appreciate closed sites - but a year or
              > > so ago I had access to that one - and by its continental nature it
              > > should be a very open one.
              > > But perhaps the BAR has another informational site available to the
              > > general public?

              > Doug, it would be open to you if you pay your 2002 BAR Dues.
              > They are not an educational association, they are an American
              > Revolutionary War Re-enactor Umbrella Group. Their members
              > come first, but only after they pay their dues.

            • mike dollinger
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
                Try going to the nwta web site and use the links to find your way to
                the b.a.r.

                Mike

              • mike dollinger
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
                  > Have you been burning bridges?

                • Kevin Windsor
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 29, 2002
                    Could be Doug I got on fine!
                    See you Monday?

                    colsjtjones2000 wrote:

                    > I have just been reviewing the sites I have listed in my Favourites,
                    > but which I haven't visited recently. The BAR at
                    > http://www.brigade.org says to me - You are not authorized to view
                    > this page.
                    >
                    > Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this War of
                    > 1812 site?
                    >
                    > Doug

                  • colsjtjones2000
                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 30, 2002
                      Kevin, I just tried it again and accessed the site with no problems.
                      I suppose J-P was right earlier when he suggested the site itself
                      might be having temporary problems. If that's the case, then my
                      apologies to the BAR for suggesting something sinister. Doug

                      --- In WarOf1812@y..., Kevin Windsor <kevin.windsor@s...> wrote:
                      > Could be Doug I got on fine!
                      > See you Monday?
                      >
                      > colsjtjones2000 wrote:
                      >
                      > > I have just been reviewing the sites I have listed in my
                      Favourites,
                      > > but which I haven't visited recently. The BAR at
                      > > http://www.brigade.org says to me - You are not authorized to
                      view
                      > > this page.
                      > >
                      > > Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this War
                      of
                      > > 1812 site?
                      > >
                      > > Doug
                      > >

                      > > The War of 1812: In Europe, thousands fought over the fate of
                      fate of THOUSANDS of square miles...

                      http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
                    • HQ93rd@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 30, 2002
                        In a message dated 1/29/02 3:42:52 PM, colsjtjones2000@... writes:

                        << Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this War of
                        1812 site? >>

                        Maybe you didn't pass your BAR exam...
                        :-)

                        93rd SHRoFLHU
                        THE Thin Red Line
                        www.93rdhighlanders.com
                      • colsjtjones2000
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 30, 2002
                          --- In WarOf1812@y..., HQ93rd@a... wrote:

                          > In a message dated 1/29/02 3:42:52 PM, colsjtjones2000@y... writes:
                          >
                          > << Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this
                          War of
                          > 1812 site? >>
                          >
                          > Maybe you didn't pass your BAR exam...

                          Never tried it. Have no interest in joining the organization. And
                          no, I'm not a lawyer nor an aspiring one. Doug
                        • PEGGY MATHEWS
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 31, 2002
                            Curious, works for me (www.brigade.org) and I'm not a member.

                            Michael

                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 31, 2002
                              In a message dated 1/30/02 3:59:42 PM, colsjtjones2000@... writes:

                              << > In a message dated 1/29/02 3:42:52 PM, colsjtjones2000@y... writes:

                              > << Could that be because I have been critical of the BAR on this
                              War of
                              > 1812 site? >>
                              >
                              > Maybe you didn't pass your BAR exam...

                              Never tried it. Have no interest in joining the organization. And
                              no, I'm not a lawyer nor an aspiring one. Doug >>

                              "It's a JOKE son, a JOKE, I say....
                              (Boy's about as sharp as a bag full o' mice...)"
                              ---Foghorn Leghorn

                              93rd SHRoFLHU
                              THE Thin Red Line
                              www.93rdhighlanders.com
                            • PEGGY MATHEWS
                              Message 14 of 14 , Feb 1 5:23 PM
                                If true that would be a severe PUNishment.

                                Michael