Re: [WarOf1812] Greatcoat

  • mike dollinger
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 28, 2002
      >Where do you want me too send it

      I have several good pics of coatees and greatcoats and probably any
      thing else you might want.

      Mike Dollinger
      smokingiron@...

    • roy winders
      Message 2 of 10 , Oct 3, 2014
        can anyone please tell me what shade of blue the British officers greatcoat was and the lining?
        Thank you.
      • Ray Hobbs
        Message 3 of 10 , Oct 3, 2014
          Roy

          British infantry officers were issued the same colour coats as the musket men. Any variation was the officer's decision - if he had enough money :-)
          Ray

          From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 11:40:16 -0700
          Subject: 1812 Greatcoat

          can anyone please tell me what shade of blue the British officers greatcoat was and the lining?
          Thank you.

        • renleg
          Message 4 of 10 , Oct 3, 2014
            Dragoon Cavalry wore blue cloaks‎ with yellow lining if it helps. ( they modified the capes to have sleeves in North America due to weather as per HG recommendation)

            Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone on the Rogers network.

            From: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            To: WarOf1812@yahoogroups.com
            Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 11:40:16 -0700

            Message 5 of 10 , Oct 5, 2014