the 19th's service in Lower Canada

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 28, 2002

      Lt
      > Col 21 June 1817, Half pay 10 Nov 1821, died 1844. I have the list of all
      > officers of this regiment from1812-1817. I have hand written the excerpts
      > from Langs diary, and have the accompanying write up from the fiche. Lt
      > Colonel O'Neil was the regimental commander in Canada Hq at Chambly and
      > Laprairie. Detachments were located at Blairfindie, Quebec, Montreal, Ilse
      > de Noix And Saint Johns (Quebec)these sites are located with in 50 miles
      of
      > Chambly.
      > I also have information re uniforms parade info on equipment taken from
      the
      > returns at Raddipole before leaving Ireland for Canada.
      > As you know I portray Major Robert Lisle.
      > The best source of information is in Billdups book an acount of the 19th
      > Light Dragons and their times, a copy can be read at MI Toronto but cannot
      > be photo copied or taken out. I have been in search of a copy for about 9
      > years one has not turned up.
      > Chris
      > 19th Light Dragons
    • union47th
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 30, 2002
        --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Annette and Lloyd" <agower@b...> wrote:
        their
        > notes or journels by Wilson Price Hunt about his journey ? I would
        be
        > interested in reading them.
        > agower@b...

        Part of it is online at the American Mountain Men site. It has a
        further bibliograhy there. The url is:

        http://www.xmission.com/~drudy/mtman/html/huntintr.html

        Kevin Lindsey
      • Annette and Lloyd
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
          notes or journels by Wilson Price Hunt about his journey ? I would be
          interested in reading them.
          agower@...
        • ebclemson
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 31, 2002
            --- In WarOf1812@y..., "union47th" <union47th@y...> wrote:

            A Journal for part of the Wilson Price Hunt trip in 1811 is the John Bradbury journal. He publisd it in 1819 under the title of "TRAVELS IN THE INTERIOR OF AMERICA.." Bradbury was an English botanist who came to America to study cotton production but spent his time in the St. Louis area instead. His journal is still in print, as a 1986 Bison Book edition reprint of the 1904 Reuben Thwaites publication. ISBN- 0-8032-6076-8 Paperback. This book is also great in describing farms, plants, georaphy, St. Louis, Militia,etc.etc. in 1810 and 1811. He also describes customs of several Indian tribes, from the Osage to the Mandans to the Teton Sioux. Dave Bennett, 1st U.States Infantry and Missouri Rangers.

            > --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Annette and Lloyd" <agower@b...> wrote:
            > their
            > > notes or journels by Wilson Price Hunt about his journey ? I would
            > be
            > > interested in reading them.
            > > agower@b...
            >
            > Part of it is online at the American Mountain Men site. It has a
            > further bibliograhy there. The url is:
            >
            > http://www.xmission.com/~drudy/mtman/html/huntintr.html
            >
            > Kevin Lindsey
          • Annette and Lloyd
            Message 5 of 5 , Feb 2, 2002
              David ,thank you and Jim for the posting and answer ,I hqave a copy
              ordered out of Michigan state University printing in soft cover should have
              it in three weeks $37.00. agower@....