Mark Feltoe

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 26, 2002
      From: "R Feltoe" <feltoe@...>

      > MARK FELTOE IS FINE!!!!!!!!!
      ------------------------

      Richard:
      Happy we are, to hear that Mark is alive and well!
      We were very shocked, last night, to hear of his demise.

      May I also forward the well wishes and relief from
      all those who are not on this list, who have called me since
      the erroneous message was dispatched.

      With Compts to Mrs,

      I remain,
      Your Truly Humble & Obedient Servant

      Larry Lozon
    • colsjtjones2000
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 26, 2002
        How could this mis-information have occurred? Cec and I were in
        shock - we have watched Mark maturing since he was a baby. Doug

        > From: "R Feltoe" <feltoe@r...>
        >

        > > MARK FELTOE IS FINE!!!!!!!!!
        > ------------------------
        >
        > Richard:
        > Happy we are, to hear that Mark is alive and well!
        > We were very shocked, last night, to hear of his demise.
        >
        > May I also forward the well wishes and relief from
        > all those who are not on this list, who have called me since
        > the erroneous message was dispatched.
        >
        > With Compts to Mrs,
        >
        > I remain,
        > Your Truly Humble & Obedient Servant
        >
        > Larry Lozon
      • Susan Spencer McLean
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 26, 2002
          My best guess is that someone mistook Mike Taylor's sad passing for that
          of Mark Feltoe. Both were (are) boisterous, redheaded camp kids, both
          of whom incidentally had (have) epilepsy. Although most of us know each
          other by sight, there are many of us who greet each other regularly
          without being sure of names (at least this is certainly the case for me
          -- it is one of my great frustrations with myself that I cannot seem to
          remember names properly, no matter how hard I try). I can imagine that
          some poor, well-meaning soul made the error in identification and the
          whole business "growed like topsy" from there.

          As I said to Richard earlier today, I think I speak for all of us when I
          say that I'm ever so relieved that there have not been two tragedies
          amongst "our" youngsters this week.

          BTW, Mike Taylor's funeral was today. It was absolutely heartrending,
          but it was good that we had a chance to say goodbye. It was
          well-attended by many from the re-enactment community as well as loads
          of people from all of the other facets of Mike's life.

          -- Susan McLean