Greetings - and your assistance please

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 6 1:12 PM
      Gentlemen:

      Your assistance please

      Would all Unit Commanders of

      British/Canadian Units

      please reply to me with the correct
      name of the Unit you command.

      We am looking for the Regiment name
      and not the Association name, and the
      Commander's name and email address.

      Thank you,
      Larry Lozon
      ADC to Mr. Twist

      Now a message from Mr. Twist
      __________________________

      ----- Original Message -----

      From: Peter Twist

      Subject: Greetings

      Greetings

      I hope everyone has had an enjoyable Holiday so far and will also
      enjoy a happy and prosperous New Year.

      I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank Major
      Steve Hartwick for his many contributions to the Battalion as Commanding
      Officer over the last several years. His energy and enthusiasm has been an
      inspiration to all. I hope to be able to draw on his experience in the
      years to come.
      As a result of assuming the command of 1BNAR, I will be taking a
      temporary leave of absence from the King's Regiment. That organization will
      be left in the very capable hands of Captain Larry Stutt.

      The Battalion which started out many years ago as a small number of
      constituent units, has grown rapidly to encompass almost every War of 1812
      group in existence. Therefore, the time has come to extend the hand of
      welcome to the small number of organizations not belonging. In order to
      accomplish this in an authentic and practical way, the Battalion needs to be
      transformed into a Brigade. This will enable it to include non uniformed
      Militia units etc.

      The spirit of fellowship and co-operation that has marked this
      organization to date is truly remarkable. Without surrendering individual
      unit autonomy, the member groups have worked effectively together in an
      outstanding manner. It is my intention to preserve and encourage the
      continuation of this wonderful working relationship.

      I was lucky enough last October while taking the Parks Canada
      Historic Weapons Supervisor's course to spend time in the Fort Henry
      library. There I found they had a complete copy of the Regimental Companion
      for 1811. This included all the General Orders issued up to the end of that
      year. In reading through this material, I realized that some of the
      procedures we are following are incorrect. To that end, I spoke with Ken
      Purvis at Fort York about the possibility of having a weekend of instruction
      for Officers and NCOs in the early Spring before the first event at
      Longwoods. The date has not been finalized yet. This will give us an
      opportunity to improve both the authenticity and safety aspects of our
      portrayal of British and Canadian soldiers during the War of 1812.

      I will type excerpts from the Regimental Companion and email them to
      Unit Commanders from time to time over the next few months. Comments and
      questions are welcomed

      Once again, all the best for the New Year.

      Peter Twist, Colonel

      Officer Commanding
    • Chewie
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 6 1:31 PM
        Larry
        here is my units information :-
        50th ( West Kent ) Re-enactment Unit
        Unit Commander - Brian Keeling
        email address bkba21788@...
        This is an adult only unit , which concentrates mainly on the period of 1808 - 1814 . But uniformes and drill from other periods are being considered to extend the display possibilities of the unit .
        also
        50th ( West Kent ) junior re-enactment Regiment
        Unit Commander - Brian Keeling
        email address bkba21788@...
        this is a British registered charity for the education of youngsters in the life of boy soldiers , members are being trained in the musical instruments of the band , or will be once a new Drum Major is found in this area of Kent .
        Chewie
        unit commander
        50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
        " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 6 7:33 PM
          Richard Feltoe (Sergeant)
          No 7 Company (Captain Fraser's)
          Volunteer Battalion of Incorporated Militia of Upper Canada.

          Upper Canada Living History Association
        • petemonahan@aol.com
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 10 5:46 PM
            Larry

            The regiment is the Royal Newfoundland Regiment (Bulger's Company)
            Our esteemed C.O. is Sgt. Lynn Downer
            His e-mail: downerl@...

            Yr H & O,
            Peter Monahan, Corporal

            (Don't tell anyone, but the Sarge can't read, so he won't have seen this.
            Shh!)

          • John-Paul Johnson
            Message 5 of 5 , Jan 10 7:08 PM
              petemonahan@... wrote:

              > Yr H & O,
              > Peter Monahan, Corporal
              >
              > (Don't tell anyone, but the Sarge can't read, so he won't have seen this.
              > Shh!)

              Hey, Corp., let up on the beatings and my lips are sealed. ;-)

              Pte J-P Johnson
              Bulger's Company
              Royal Nfld Reg't