Re: [WarOf1812] Musket Explosion

  • Vince Wilding
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 4, 2002
      Is this the story you're talking about?

      http://www.therecord.com/news/news_020104976.html

      --
      Vince Wilding (Splotch, Fuzzee & Minnie's Majordomo)
      email:Vince (at) VinceWilding.com http://www.VinceWilding.com
      I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it.
    • colsjtjones2000
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 10, 2002
        In reviewing my message #13236 below, I must admit I don't think it
        is particularly appropriate to the discussion. Teddy was discussing
        artillery. We are talking about muskets or rifles.

        But I would say that the reproductions we use have modern
        steel barrels of much greater strenght than the originals. And being
        recent, have not suffered the depredations of time, neglect and
        uncertain maintenance. Anyone using a 150 year old plus original in
        re-enactment is an accident waiting to happen.

        Doug