Re: [WarOf1812] Musket Explosion

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 39 , Jan 3, 2002
      Yes its true Len. Here is the story in the KW record (that's Kitchener Waterloo for those not familiar)
      http://www.therecord.com/topstory_02010384216.html

      Leonard E Heidebrecht wrote:

      > Hi All,
      >
      > I heard something on the radio this morning about a woman in the Kitchener Ont area, being injured by a musket. The announcer said that the breach ruptured on an 'antique' musket and went on to say that the owner had all his other firearms (which were safe and not involved) seized by the police.
      >
      > Has anyone heard anything else on this?
      >
      > Cheers,
      >
      > Len
      >
      > --
      > Click here for your very own create-a-date adventure from MatchMaker
      > Go to http://ecard.matchmaker.com/dating.html

    • colsjtjones2000
      Message 39 of 39 , Jan 10, 2002
        In reviewing my message #13236 below, I must admit I don't think it
        is particularly appropriate to the discussion. Teddy was discussing
        artillery. We are talking about muskets or rifles.

        But I would say that the reproductions we use have modern
        steel barrels of much greater strenght than the originals. And being
        recent, have not suffered the depredations of time, neglect and
        uncertain maintenance. Anyone using a 150 year old plus original in
        re-enactment is an accident waiting to happen.

        Doug