Re: [WarOf1812] Tomahawk recommendations?

  • dancingbobd@webtv.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      Hi,

      I have been using one of Townsend #Th-164 which is the forged British
      Light Infantry axe for more than 8 years and am quite pleased with it.
      It is a little more expensive at $22 US, but it is a good weight and
      mine holds an edge pretty well.

      I also purchased a nice hand axe from Randy Wolf of Bethel Forge
      several years ago at Mississinewa which is quite good and does not look
      mass produced. His phone number is /was 317-847-5485. It was in the
      $50 range I think. (having CRS, I won't swear to it though),

      Track of the Wold also carries several forged axes and tomahawks in the
      price range of $20 - $45. I haven't had one of theirs, but they have a
      reputation for only stocking quality items.

      Good luck!

      Bob Dorian
    • manipi1812
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
        The Track of the Wolf sells a hand forged 'hawk with an iron body and
        forge welded steel blade made by Keith Johnson. They were resonably
        priced when I worked there condsidering it is a forged ax not a cast
        one. Check out their web page (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/) or
        give 'em a call (Tel: 763-633-2500 ~ Fax: 763-633-2550). I couldn't
        find any hawks listed on the web page but they do have a catalog
        available for $7 + postage. They are a good bunch and will be more
        than willing to answer your questions.

        If you call tell 'em Tom Lawrence says "Hi!"

        Regards,

        Tom