Tomahawk recommendations?

    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
      From: "nappingcrow" <nappingcrow@...>

      > Can anyone recommend a supplier of decent quality riflemen's
      > tomahawks? I've looked at Townsend's and Godwin's sites, but they
      > aren't giving me the information I'd like....I've also seen RMJ Forge,
      > and they're just outta my range for the moment.
      > ------------------------

      Brian:

      I think you are going to find the ones you want to give you the info are
      going to be out of your range. There a few other Forges, but you will
      pay for what you get.
      Also note that Towndsend's #TH-54 is forged and only $19.50 it is
      quite a good hawk ....... I own one.
    • dancingbobd@webtv.net
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 2, 2002
        Hi,

        I have been using one of Townsend #Th-164 which is the forged British
        Light Infantry axe for more than 8 years and am quite pleased with it.
        It is a little more expensive at $22 US, but it is a good weight and
        mine holds an edge pretty well.

        I also purchased a nice hand axe from Randy Wolf of Bethel Forge
        several years ago at Mississinewa which is quite good and does not look
        mass produced. His phone number is /was 317-847-5485. It was in the
        $50 range I think. (having CRS, I won't swear to it though),

        Track of the Wold also carries several forged axes and tomahawks in the
        price range of $20 - $45. I haven't had one of theirs, but they have a
        reputation for only stocking quality items.

        Good luck!

        Bob Dorian
      • manipi1812
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 3, 2002
          The Track of the Wolf sells a hand forged 'hawk with an iron body and
          forge welded steel blade made by Keith Johnson. They were resonably
          priced when I worked there condsidering it is a forged ax not a cast
          one. Check out their web page (http://www.trackofthewolf.com/) or
          give 'em a call (Tel: 763-633-2500 ~ Fax: 763-633-2550). I couldn't
          find any hawks listed on the web page but they do have a catalog
          available for $7 + postage. They are a good bunch and will be more
          than willing to answer your questions.

          If you call tell 'em Tom Lawrence says "Hi!"

          Regards,

          Tom