VIRUS - sulfnbk.exe info

  • Armchairadm@cs.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
      I have just recieved a message, checked it out and found that htere was a
      virus in the C drive.You are in our address book, so PLEASE check out your
      computer!!

      The virus lays dormant for 14 days and then kills your hard drive. Here is
      how to stop it. If you have it, send it to everyone in your address book.

      REMOVAL STEPS

      1. go to "start" - then go to "find our search" ( depending on your computer)

      2. in the "search for files or folders" type sulfnbk.exe--this is the virus

      3. in the "look in" make sure you're searching Drive C

      4. hit "search" button ( or find)

      5. if thi file shows up ( it's an ugly blackish icon that will have th name
      "sulfnbk.exe" ) DO NOT OPEN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

      6. RIGHT CLICK ON THE FILE- GO DOWN TO DELETE AND LEFT CLICK.

      7. it will ask you if you want to send it to the recycle bin, say yes.

      8. go to your desk top ( where all your icons are ) abd double click on the
      "recycle bin"

      9. right click on "sulfnbk.exe" and delete again--or empty the bin

      **** If you find it, send this email to all in your address book, because
      that's how it is transferred!!!

    • spikeyj@crosslink.net
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 20, 2001
        On Thu, 20 Dec 2001 15:19:01 EST
        Armchairadm@... wrote:
        > I have just recieved a message, checked it out and found that htere
        > was a
        > virus in the C drive.You are in our address book, so PLEASE check
        > out your
        > computer!!

        THIS IS A HOAX! DON'T DELETE ANY FILES! ALWAYS CHECK WITH THE VIRUS
        PROTECTION COMPANIES OR OTHER APPROPRIATE SITES BEFORE YOU MAIL OUT
        WARNINGS OF THIS SORT!

        Spike Y Jones