Re: subscribers of 1812 War Onelist

  • NINETY3RD@xxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 1998
      >>>From: lalozon@...
      >>It would be nice if all subscribers to this list would log on and
      >>intorduce themselves...

      I seem to have not done this! (mostly on purpose!)

      Ok then--
      I am Benton Jennings.
      In real life I am an actor. (Which means there is no such thing as "real life"
      for me...). I was formerly of Texas, but since March I have lived in Los
      Angeles, California.

      I am a member of the 93rd Sutherland Highland Regiment of Foot Living History
      Unit, and also its C.O. I hold the rank of "major" only because it was given
      me by "higher authorities" in the Napoleonic Association --- and because I
      believe Tim Pickles wanted to sell me more epaulettes.. ;-)
      I am not "glitteratti" and will respond with violence to any who ever suggest
      I should go and join such (friendly warning, that...{wink wink} ).

      I am the Adjutant of the North America British Brigade, Napoleonic Association
      (only because someone had to do the job...).

      It seems I am the C.O. of the World Wide Highland Brigade, and this only
      because all the others around the planet shoved me into the position....( I am
      deeply honoured but still trying to figure out what they know that I do
      not...)

      I have participated at Waterloo in both 1990 and 1995, commanding the
      Highlanders on both occasions. Also had the honour of the same at Boulogne,
      France and Audley End, England in 1995. I have attended New Orleans every year
      (that the event occurred) since 1989. Been to other events here there and
      everywhere, some more than others- Ft Erie, Ft George, Mississinewa, etc etc.
      Attended recently the first ever Napoleonic event in California - and spent
      half of it as a Highland private, blasting away at the French!

      I have also in the past been involved lution to Colonels Travis and Fannin, to
      Bonham and Crockett, and firebrand Branch T. Archer... as well as a Mexican
      soldier --that one is hard to believe, but I did indeed do so during the
      filming of "Alamo The Price Of Freedom". (An old childhood passion, the Alamo
      and all that..). I did a bit of 1840's time period (Mexican-American War) in
      the past, and also rather brief and unspectacular forays into the Renaissance.
      You could count a brief stint in the F & I period too, I suppose, as I spent 8
      loooong weeks working on "Last of the Mohicans" as the reenactor
      coordinator/officer of the Highlanders, and for this was also put through 2
      weeks of modern USMC style boot camp - toting a Brown Bess - under the stern
      gaze of one Capt. Dale Dye, USMC, Retired (see "Saving Pvt Ryan" for Dye's
      latest effort in training...).

      In an indirect manner, I have also done "Old West" for 23 years - this having
      started as part of my show-biz career as a gunfighter at Six Flags Over Texas.
      It moved on from there to what it is today (you may visit our website to see)
      which includes non show-biz/non public living history at Marrow Bone Springs
      old west town (a town built by a reenactor friend who in real life is a doctor
      and could afford to buy land and start building an authentic old west town
      south of Fort Worth, Texas!).

      That's more than any of you need to know!
      Cheers!
      BJ

      Here's websites - go see.
      http://hometown.aol.com/ninety3rd
      http://hometown.aol.com/thegunftrs
    • NINETY3RD@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 2, 1998
        Ok, so I am getting really peeved at the email thingy glopping out whole
        sections of my posts!

        Once again, here is the entire paragraph of what I had sent earlier----

        >>I have also in the past been involved in Texas Revolution portraying
        everything from revolutionary privates to Colonels Travis and Fannin, to
        Bonham and Crockett, and firebrand Branch T. Archer... as well as a Mexican
        soldier --that one is hard to believe, but I did indeed do so during the
        filming of "Alamo The Price Of Freedom". (An old childhood passion, the Alamo
        and all that..)<<

        ok, so hopefully that will fully be sent this time.
        sheeeeesh!
        BJ