Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Ifs and buts...

  • Armchairadm@cs.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Nov 29, 2001
      I'm not suggesting that USN could have defeated the RN in a general
      engagement. However, I think three or four raiding squadrons each built
      around several frigates could have seriously disrupted British trade
      throughout the Atlantic. It certainly would have put a considerable strain
      on the resources of the RN to try and hunt down that many powerful Cruiser
      Sqd.

      Ed