Re: Potential virus

  • darmills@attcanada.net
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 29, 2001
      List,
      If I may humbly offer some assistance with regards to passing on
      nasty viruses. Since most viruses/worms replicate through your
      address book, I set up a fake address at the beginning of my address
      book. When the virus/worm attempts to mail itself out, your outlook
      program should halt it.
      You need to create a new contact name, starting with the "*" symbol
      (Personally, I use the name "*virustrap"). For the address I use the
      name "illegaladdress". When you save, Windows will be confused (since
      it is not an @ address). Click save anyway. This name will be the
      first one the worm will send to (going alphabetically), and will be
      halted when Windows cannot find where to send it. Worst case
      scenario - it replicates itself but at least you are immediately
      aware of it.
      Good luck
      YH&OSvt
      Rick Peterson