Re: [WarOf1812] Reenacting in the UK

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 1 4:13 PM
      Peter she is not on this list

      Peter Catley wrote:

      > Of course, there are a number of units based around the Gillingham/Chatham
      > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put you in
      > touch with some of them.
      >
      > Cheers
      >
      > Peter Catley
      > Napoleonic Association.

    • Melanie Wilson
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1 11:16 PM
        >Peter she is not on this list

        I have suggested she contacts the NA on the list she is on

        Mel
      • Peter Catley
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 2 12:06 AM
          Thanks, I've redirected my comment.

          P**

          Peter Catley

          > Of course, there are a number of units based around the Gillingham/Chatham
          > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put you in
          > touch with some of them.
          >
          > Cheers
          >
          > Peter Catley
          > Napoleonic Association.

          square miles...

          square miles...

        • Roger Marsh
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 6 4:47 AM
            Kevin and Peter,

            Since she is primarily interested in Naval re-enactment of the c.
            1800-1812 era, you might also direct the good Deb to HMS - the
            Historical Maritime Society - who, although not specifically based in
            Kent and with a considerable proportion of their membership further
            North within easier reach of the "Leda" - group frigate "Trincomalee"
            which they are associated (sister- ship to Broke's "Shannon", still
            afloat in Hartlepool), nevertheless have members all over Britain and
            re-enact in various places (e.g., nearer my locality, Hampshire, at
            IFOS, Portsmouth, last August). They are likely to be in operation
            sometimes at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, I would surmise;
            anyway, she can ask.

            They are very, very knowledgeable on naval life of the period and a
            good crowd of people with an excellent sense of humour too; I had the
            honour of interacting with them in my persona of Pellew in 1801 at
            IFOS, particularly when escorting His Britannic Majesty GIII around
            his royal Dockyards.

            Website at: http://www.hms.org.uk/

            Regards,

            Roger Marsh

            --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...> wrote:
            > Of course, there are a number of units based around the
            Gillingham/Chatham
            > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put
            you in
            > touch with some of them.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Peter Catley
            > Napoleonic Association.

          • Chewie
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 6 8:36 AM
              Hi Roger
              In my email to Deb I did mention Chatham Division , Royal Marines , which last I heard were part of HMS .
              I also added the other units that regularly attend Fort Amherst including my own .

              Chewie
              unit commander
              50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
              " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"
              Since she is primarily interested in Naval re-enactment of the 1812
              era, you might also direct the good Deb to HMS - the Historical
              Maritime Society - who, although not specifically based in Kent and
              with a considerable proportion of their membership further North
              within easier reach of the "Leda" - group frigate "Trincomalee" which
              they are associated (sister- ship to Broke's "Shannon", still afloat
              in Hartlepool), nevertheless have members all over Britain and re-
              enact in various places (e.g., nearer my locality, Hampshire, at
              IFOS, Portsmouth, last August). They are likely to be in operation
              sometimes at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, I would surmise;
              anyway, she can ask.

              They are very, very knowledgeable on naval life of the period and a
              good crowd of people; I had the honour of interacting with them in my
              persona of Pellew in 1801 at IFOS, particularly when escorting His
              Britannic Majesty GIII around his royal Dockyards.

              Website at: http://www.hms.org.uk/,

              Regards,

              Roger Marsh

              --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...> wrote:
              > Of course, there are a number of units based around the
              Gillingham/Chatham
              > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put
              you in
              > touch with some of them.
              >
              > Cheers
              >
              > Peter Catley
              > Napoleonic Association.

            • Roger Marsh
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 6 10:32 AM
                Hi, Chewie.

                I'm not sure quite of what is part of what here, not being a member
                mysllf, but maybe I'll just copy Deb in on my message anyway.

                Kind regards,

                Roer Marsh