Re: [WarOf1812] Ypres

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 1, 2001
      As one who is working with a WWI and II collection I have many artefacts from this battle and the others that follwed. I am still moved whenever I come across the
      physical presence of what these men went through.

      For those of you who don't know the significance of this battle. It was the first time gas was used by the German's in WWI and when most around them paniced and fled the
      Canadians held the line. I have a silver cross from that battle that holds a special place in heart for what the mothers must have gone through.

      We will remember them