[Fwd: [19cWoman] Reenacting in the UK]

  • Kevin Windsor
    Message 1 of 9 , Oct 31, 2001
      Can anyone help her

      DebFuller@... wrote:

      > Hi all,
      >
      > I just got a job offer in the UK for a school in Kent. While I'm not
      > going to get really excited about it until I see the work permit for
      > myself, I am checking out stuff to do once I get over there. I'll be
      > working in Gillingham and would love to continue my reenactments. I
      > do c.1800 naval reenactment, mainly War of 1812 and would like
      > something along those lines but I have some stuff from other periods
      > as well.
      >
      > I'd love to meet up with fellow reenactors in the Kent area if there
      > are any. Please let me know!
      >
      > Thanks!
      >
      > Deb
    • Peter Catley
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
        Of course, there are a number of units based around the Gillingham/Chatham
        area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put you in
        touch with some of them.

        Cheers

        Peter Catley
        Napoleonic Association.

        > I just got a job offer in the UK for a school in Kent. While I'm not
        > going to get really excited about it until I see the work permit for
        > myself, I am checking out stuff to do once I get over there. I'll be
        > working in Gillingham and would love to continue my reenactments. I
        > do c.1800 naval reenactment, mainly War of 1812 and would like
        > something along those lines but I have some stuff from other periods
        > as well.
        >
        > I'd love to meet up with fellow reenactors in the Kent area if there
        > are any. Please let me know!
        >
        > Thanks!
        >
        > Deb

        square miles...

      • Chewie
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
          FAO Deb
          My partner and I have recently left 19c woman , otherwise I could have answered sooner .
          Currently the only naval re-enactment in the Medway towns is the Chatham Marines who meet in Chatham World Naval Base , I think on a monthly basis .
          Fort Amherst , in Chatham is home to :- 42nd ( Black Watch ) Highlanders , 79th Highlanders , 5th Battalion 60th ( Royal American ) Rifles, 50th ( West Kent ) Regt , Royal Foot Artillery battery .
          As well as various visiting regiments .
          I hope this helps , and together with Peter Look forward to hearing more as things develop .

          Chewie
          unit commander
          50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
          " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"

          > I just got a job offer in the UK for a school in Kent. While I'm not
          > going to get really excited about it until I see the work permit for
          > myself, I am checking out stuff to do once I get over there. I'll be
          > working in Gillingham and would love to continue my reenactments. I
          > do c.1800 naval reenactment, mainly War of 1812 and would like
          > something along those lines but I have some stuff from other periods
          > as well.
          >
          > I'd love to meet up with fellow reenactors in the Kent area if there
          > are any. Please let me know!
          >
          > Thanks!
          >
          > Deb

          square miles...

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

        • Kevin Windsor
          Message 4 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
            Peter she is not on this list

            Peter Catley wrote:

            > Of course, there are a number of units based around the Gillingham/Chatham
            > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put you in
            > touch with some of them.
            >
            > Cheers
            >
            > Peter Catley
            > Napoleonic Association.

          • Melanie Wilson
            Message 5 of 9 , Nov 1, 2001
              >Peter she is not on this list

              I have suggested she contacts the NA on the list she is on

              Mel
            • Peter Catley
              Message 6 of 9 , Nov 2, 2001
                Thanks, I've redirected my comment.

                P**

                Peter Catley

                > Of course, there are a number of units based around the Gillingham/Chatham
                > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put you in
                > touch with some of them.
                >
                > Cheers
                >
                > Peter Catley
                > Napoleonic Association.

                square miles...

                square miles...

              • Roger Marsh
                Message 7 of 9 , Nov 6, 2001
                  Kevin and Peter,

                  Since she is primarily interested in Naval re-enactment of the c.
                  1800-1812 era, you might also direct the good Deb to HMS - the
                  Historical Maritime Society - who, although not specifically based in
                  Kent and with a considerable proportion of their membership further
                  North within easier reach of the "Leda" - group frigate "Trincomalee"
                  which they are associated (sister- ship to Broke's "Shannon", still
                  afloat in Hartlepool), nevertheless have members all over Britain and
                  re-enact in various places (e.g., nearer my locality, Hampshire, at
                  IFOS, Portsmouth, last August). They are likely to be in operation
                  sometimes at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, I would surmise;
                  anyway, she can ask.

                  They are very, very knowledgeable on naval life of the period and a
                  good crowd of people with an excellent sense of humour too; I had the
                  honour of interacting with them in my persona of Pellew in 1801 at
                  IFOS, particularly when escorting His Britannic Majesty GIII around
                  his royal Dockyards.

                  Website at: http://www.hms.org.uk/

                  Regards,

                  Roger Marsh

                  --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...> wrote:
                  > Of course, there are a number of units based around the
                  Gillingham/Chatham
                  > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put
                  you in
                  > touch with some of them.
                  >
                  > Cheers
                  >
                  > Peter Catley
                  > Napoleonic Association.

                • Chewie
                  Message 8 of 9 , Nov 6, 2001
                    Hi Roger
                    In my email to Deb I did mention Chatham Division , Royal Marines , which last I heard were part of HMS .
                    I also added the other units that regularly attend Fort Amherst including my own .

                    Chewie
                    unit commander
                    50th West Kent Regiment Re Enactment Unit
                    " not a good looking bunch , but devilish steady"
                    Since she is primarily interested in Naval re-enactment of the 1812
                    era, you might also direct the good Deb to HMS - the Historical
                    Maritime Society - who, although not specifically based in Kent and
                    with a considerable proportion of their membership further North
                    within easier reach of the "Leda" - group frigate "Trincomalee" which
                    they are associated (sister- ship to Broke's "Shannon", still afloat
                    in Hartlepool), nevertheless have members all over Britain and re-
                    enact in various places (e.g., nearer my locality, Hampshire, at
                    IFOS, Portsmouth, last August). They are likely to be in operation
                    sometimes at Chatham Historic Dockyard, Kent, I would surmise;
                    anyway, she can ask.

                    They are very, very knowledgeable on naval life of the period and a
                    good crowd of people; I had the honour of interacting with them in my
                    persona of Pellew in 1801 at IFOS, particularly when escorting His
                    Britannic Majesty GIII around his royal Dockyards.

                    Website at: http://www.hms.org.uk/,

                    Regards,

                    Roger Marsh

                    --- In WarOf1812@y..., "Peter Catley" <peter.catley@b...> wrote:
                    > Of course, there are a number of units based around the
                    Gillingham/Chatham
                    > area of Kent. Deb, once you are here contact me again and I'll put
                    you in
                    > touch with some of them.
                    >
                    > Cheers
                    >
                    > Peter Catley
                    > Napoleonic Association.

                  • Roger Marsh
                    Message 9 of 9 , Nov 6, 2001
                      Hi, Chewie.

                      I'm not sure quite of what is part of what here, not being a member
                      mysllf, but maybe I'll just copy Deb in on my message anyway.

                      Kind regards,

                      Roer Marsh