Crysler's Farm 2002

  • Robin Morris
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 31, 2001

      This is just a note to affirm what has already been
      posted to the War of 1812 List about Crysler's Farm,
      2002.

      The event will be held on the weekend of July 13, 14,
      2002 with the camps open to receive participa nts on
      Fri., July 12.

      We will be providing a minimum of three meals (on the
      site this time - not half a world away inside Upper
      Canada Vilalge). All participants in period dress will
      also received free admission to Upper Canada Village
      for the weekend (starting on the 12th as soon as you
      have registered) and there will be a bounty for all
      men at arms (this includes musicians, colour-bearers,
      etc.). There will be an extra bounty for artillery and
      for cavalry.

      There will be period and modern camping areas and all
      camp amenities.

      You can register on-line at our Web site,
      www.cryslersfarm.com, which also contains detailed
      driving instructions to the site. It is located just
      off Exit 758 from the 401, which means it is 758
      kilometres east of Windsor.

      If your unit has colours, please bring them. Both
      armies will have corps of drums and early indications
      are that each will have a cavalry arm. As well (and in
      typical 1812 re-enacting fashion) we'll have artillery
      up the wazoo.

      As was the case last year, there will be three
      tacticials - on Saturday afternoon and evening and
      earlier on Sunday afternoon to let you get on the road
      earlier. We will be repeating the memorial service at
      the peak of the memorial mound on Sunday morning and
      will do the "parade of the soldier" prior to the start
      of two of the tacticals.

      The event is being run by veteran re-enactors who have
      traipsed all over the globe to sleep in the rain, eat
      cold food and pee in their hats.

      If your unit hs a web page that we have not included
      in our links section, please let us know and we will
      rectify the omission immediately.

      Regards

      The Friends of Crysler's Farm

      Robin Morris, Canadian Fencibles
      Bob Irvine, Royal Navy Gun Crew
      Shaun Wallace, Canadian Fencibles

      If you have any suggestions, I can be reached at this
      e-mail address or at robinmorris@...

      http://personals.yahoo.com