re: Royal Marines from Ed

  • easeufe@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Oct 19, 2001
      In a message dated 10/19/01 4:06:21 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      dis.general@... writes:

      > Put some of it down and I will post it on our site.

      Bob,

      I've nvever forgotten my promise about an article. In fact I was supposed to
      deliver a presentation on Royal Marines in the Chesapeake for the 1812
      Symposium at the Naval Academy this coming Sunday. Unfortunately, due to
      security reasons these days, it was cancelled. I'm now in the process of
      putting a general history together to encompass the entire war. When I'm
      done you'll get a copy.

      You can use the background data. No problem, though check my spelling. If
      you need any extra data or clarification, let me know.

      I found a history of the Royal Marines dated 1845. Fills in more gaps, has
      names of officers and sizes of the battalions. Neat stuff.

      Ed