Sharpe inconsistencies

  • yawors1@uwindsor.ca
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
      Andrew Bateman points out that Sharpe in 1809 ("Sharpe's Rifles") is
      supposed to be inexperienced at command, whereas in the more recent
      "prequels" he racks up more "experience" fighting Indians, Frenchies,
      Spaniards, Danes, corrupt superior officers, good-looking blondes, etc.
      than the sum total of "experience" some entire real regiments were ever
      able to accumulate...

      However, while Sharpe might lead with increasing confidence and aplomb
      plenty of mere infantrymen in his pre-1809 campaigns, after that, he is
      leading "riflemen", and understandably is somewhat out of his depth at
      first - after all, we *all* know the Rifles are "special"...

      Jim
      (ducking for cover)
    • ANDREW S BATEMAN
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
        From: <yawors1@...>

        > <snip> after all, we *all* know the Rifles are "special"...
        >
        > Jim
        > (ducking for cover)

        Yep, they're "special", and I mean that in the Olympic way...

        Andrew
      • James Aldrich
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2001
          yawors1@... wrote:

          > we *all* know the Rifles are "special"...

          You mean they rode to school on the "little bus?"

          JSA
          --
          Green Bay Lacrosse-- Play hard; play often.