registration

  • Craig Williams
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
      Hey Gang

      I have been thinking of mentioning this on the list before but was not sure how to be diplomatic about it, so I'm only going to mention that it happened recently to a site supervisor/friend of mine and from my own experience as a site supervisor I know that it was a frequent problem.
      I'm not saying this applies to everyone, but those to whom it does apply will know who they are and to those that it doesn't apply to can take it as an affirmation of your own good manners.
      The subject...registration.
      There, I've said it. A larger proportion of 1812 re-enactors,(as opposed to any other time period), are notorious for not pre-registering. In fact there are some who never respond in any way to the invites sent to them, and then show up at events.
      It's one thing to call the site and say "there will be twelve of us coming" and then show up, with generally that number,to sign in at the event on the day, but to not respond at all is a little unfair to the site/event organisers who have logistics to calculate and usually higher offices to answer to.
      I ran into this problem frequently at Fort Erie and other site supervisors have noted this same complaint to me over the years (misery loves company).

      Folks, and you know who you are,when a site sends you an invitation, treat it as you would a RSVP to a wedding, please return registration forms filled out to the best of your knowledge. It helps!

      Stepping off the soapbox;

      Craig

      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
        From: "Craig Williams" <sgtwarnr@...>

        '.... 1812 re-enactors are notorious for not pre-registering...
        treat it as you would a RSVP to a wedding...

        Yes, I must agree with Craig, whom is not only a learned
        Gentleman but a seasoned veteran of the re-enactment
        hobby.

        We forget that food stuffs, gun powder, portapotties, etc.
        all depend on all who attend an event. With this in mind
        those who register and never attend or attend and never
        register should have the same thing happen to them at their
        wedding or any party they throw. Or possibly have them
        taken out of line when we cue up for food!

        There really is no excuse for this as phones, emails,
        etc, are so easily accessible.
      • Kevin Windsor
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 1, 2001
          Sorry I didn't register for this weekend Craig I tried to get in touch with Doug honest, please don't beat me anymore!!! ;-)

          Good to see you this weekend Craig!

          Craig Williams wrote:

          > The subject...registration.
        • donna durnford
          Message 4 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
            Can anyone tell me how to register for the event at Chatham Sept 29-Oct 1 2006 Thanx Donna

          • Mark Dickerson
            Message 5 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
              http://www.fairattheforks.com
              This is the web site, but i do not see the registration link.

              Mark Dickerson

              Can anyone tell me how to register for the event at Chatham Sept 29-Oct 1 2006 Thanx Donna

            • Barbara Whelan
              Message 6 of 6 , Aug 3, 2006
                Hello Donna,
                You can email Nickiskinner@... with registration info or any