Re: [WarOf1812] Re: Appreciation

  • lee caripidis
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 30 11:38 AM
      To my Canadian brothers and sisters;
      I, too, watched the memorial service on Parliament Hill on Friday. I
      was switching back and forth from our US service to the Canadian one. I
      wish to thank the people and the government of Canada for the very moving
      show of support, from the Premier, the Governor General, and the Mountie
      who sang our national anthem so beautifully, to the incredibly huge mass
      of humanity gathered there in the square. I was, and am, greatly moved
      by this wonderful show of support at our time of great national pain.
      I might add that I haven't forgotten the brave actions of the Canadian
      Embassy staff in saving a number of US citizens so many years ago in
      Tehran when our people were taken hostage for what turned out to be 444
      days of cruel captivity.
      Peter Jennings, another fine Canadian, said it best, when reporting on
      the Parliament Hill ceremony, "...that was about brotherhood".
      Thank you Canada,
      Lee Caripidis
      USA.